Monday, September 29, 2008

Celebrating some "firsts"...

Considering I was up past 1am blogging the night before my new job, I'm gonna try and keep this short. (We'll see how THAT goes...LOL)

First day on the new job and I already feel at home. Big boss was out, immediate boss works out of home office in FL but we had a few great phone calls and are clicking immediately. My co-worker, who I will be spending most of my time working with, absolutely rocked. Down to earth, funny in a bitchy sort of way and so easy going that I temporarily forgot we were in our workplace. She actually blurted out the F-bomb on a few occasions and I nearly spit coffee all over my desk. We learned a little about each other on a personal level and found that she too, had reconciled with her ex-husband over the past year. It's rare to find that, so it was an instant connection that I know we'll enjoy sharing.

I'll be honest, after six months of being at home I got to know my laptop pretty damn well and spent hours chatting and catching up with old friends while searching for work almost each day. I have to admit, the anxiety rose last night when I thought about NOT being so internet-accessible anymore with the new job responsibilities. Imagine my surprise when I learned that they all use Instant Messenger at work! Since a few folks on our team are off-site and out-of-state, it's the simplest, fastest way to exchange information and they use it like it's a crack pipe! I've never worked anywhere that permitted that!! We always had to sneak it in. I set up a new screenname (NOT the one that references my love of Kahlua, of course) and immediately added my personal contacts too. So, anxieties in that regard, were squashed.

So FL boss calls me five minutes after I arrived and says "You ready to pack your bags? I'm bringing you down to Florida!" I thought she had dialed the wrong number. But yes, I'm taking my first-ever business trip in three weeks to sunny Tampa for a meeting with my boss and then our whole team is attending some training down there for the next two days. Boss says I can take an extra day if I like and fly back on Saturday instead of Friday--so you KNOW I said yes! In less than two hours my travel profile was setup with our travel agent and I received my hotel confirmation (http://www.chasehoteltampa.com/) and my choice flight itinerary. One of my oldest friends lives in the Tampa area so I know Friday night will find us either locked in my suite yammering on about the changes our lives have gone through since our January '08 cruise to Cozumel, or sweating out on the dancefloor at one of her favorite spots. Either way, I'm gonna live fast while I'm there since I missed not having a vacation this summer--so I'm really excited about this trip! I feel so GROWN all of a sudden! LOL

Not a first, but definitely a rare occasion since I moved back in with Mike, I arrived home to a hot meal, and completed homework. Michael had picked up Mini-me from my Mom's for me, ensured she had completed assignments so that she would be ready for our planned test-study session, and then cooked my favorite meal. I had hit the jackpot! I came in, stripped (celebrating my naked freedom) and hit the shower. I shared my day with my family (who actually paid attention) and then ate my meal in peace. Our study session left me proud that Mini-Me had nailed the details of "The Westward Expansion" in U.S. History and I'm confident that an A+ is on its way. Meanwhile, Mike had turned in for the night, so I tucked in my baby girl, climbed into bed with the laptop to check on my favorite bloggers and lo and behold:

My favorite blogger and personal friend Cocoa had announced today that he and his true love, BD, had reconciled after what seemed an ETERNITY to their friends and "true-romantic" followers!!!! When they broke up, I felt the same pain that I felt when my own true-love and I separated (and later divorced). I felt like it had happened to ME all over again! I prayed and prayed for their love to find its way to forgiveness and healing and at times I was probably really obvious in my near-begging Cocoa to reconsider his decision NOT to reconcile--but I had no shame in my game---I know soulmates when I see (read) them!! It worked for Mike and me, it could happen to THEM too!! I even subjected myself to watching "Bridges of Madison County" and "The Notebook" in my grief over their situation so I'd have a reasonable excuse (in Mike's eyes) to be bawling my eyes out!! ANYWAY--(sorry...this paragraph was supposed to be about THEM...not ME, right? LOL) my favorite couple is back together, united as a true family with their own Mini in tow. My heart is full tonight and as I close this post, I'm already putting my friends' new beginning at the top of my "things I am grateful for today list" in my prayers tonight. Congratulations Cocoa & BD!! Love you both!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you baby! I'm so happy right now that even my trip to the dentist tonight had me half-smiling with novacaine thinking about my heart. Thanks for your prayers and being there...I want to hang and celebrate soon...let's talk about making this happen!

Achilles said...

~Kahlua~ - Thank you for the prayers and your strong belief in us. That means so much. You're a good person with a good heart and happiness is headed your way. You were right: with prayer, loyal friends and God on your side, you can't lose!

Achilles said...

Kahlua ~ Just wanted to say hi and hope all is going well with you. You don't have an email link in your profile, so this is the only way I can get in touch with you.

Shannon Lee said...

Hey sweets...here's my email: mizzwilliams33@msn.com. Hit me up anytime...i have so much to blog about lately and NO time or concentration to do it!! :(