Saturday, September 13, 2008

Welcome to my world

I've been blogging off-and-on for a couple of years on Yahoo! 360 and MySpace. That's also when I began following my beautiful friend CocoaRican's blog here and his skillful posts inspired me to start honing my own writing skills whenever I have time (and quiet peace) to reach for cathardic expression. See, I don't blog the day-to-day details of my life because to me, it's just not all that exciting. I post when I'm really deep into my feelings about something, usually something reflective. Anyway, to give you an idea of who I am and what I'm about, read here:

Divorced but reconciled with the love of my life, Michael, we are the parents of our gorgeous daughter Michaela. She thinks we walk on water, but we're really just normal people who try to do right by others and pray she continues to love us unconditionally despite our imperfections. With 15 years under our belts, we've been through the highs and lows of marriage & divorce, but now reunited with a renewed energy that gets us through the storms that tend to befall most relationships. We work harder now to communicate and tend to each other's needs and expectations, yet allow each other to be imperfect without judgment. Each day is one step closer to our goal---of growing old TOGETHER, and making all those unrealized dreams come true...

I have an amazing family and the most loyal of TRUE friends. I am the friend folks call at 3am, just to talk through a crisis or to sit in the ER with their sick parents or children. I am the daughter who spent my father's last few years caring for him in ways I never thought possible. I'm the granddaughter that steps up and takes care of the grandparents, aunts or whoever is in need---no matter what is going on in my own life. I am the daughter who still holds hands with my mom out in public and who never hesitates to show affection to those I love and care about. And according to my teenaged cousins, I'm also the coolest adult in my family! I'm not without faults or flaws, though---there are plenty--but I am of pure heart and stronger than most women I know---I come from good stock! I am loyal to a fault but have no regrets in life---only lessons learned...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Welcome baby girl! I am so excited for this new stage for you! Your writing is superb and I will be waiting for each and every post. Your joy for life - through all adversity inspires me and here's to blogging bliss!